MY NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE
AND VISION OF HEAVEN
When people hear about near-death-experiences (NDE), or read their testimonies, it is often shared with some kind of reference to a changed life … this is especially so when we think about eternal life (life after death). Our perception limited to this reality only, gets a boost to look beyond now, beyond this life, beyond to something more. My personal experience should actually be described as a “near heaven experience,” even though a “near death experience” was the initial traumatic event that could have very well left me on the other side of eternity. But by God’s grace I am allowed to hang out here for a while longer.
Amazingly my NDE took place on Good Friday morning. I say ‘amazingly’, because I’m a pastor. On that calendar date across the world Christians are in Churches recalling the event of Christ’s death and resurrection from the dead.
However I had been taken to the cardiac ward the night before (on Maundy Thursday) for tests and observations on my heart. What followed was a life lesson and personal experience of the Gospel message; which by the way is absolutely preoccupied with life after this one and how we are given the gift of eternal life. Rather than just talking about it, God saw fit to show me … and there is more to come!
If you are interested, a word-version of my testimony is available (soon might be available as an eBook). Locate the side box on the top right, just enter your name and email and the function will automatically forward a copy to your email inbox.
From my testimony you will find out what happened to me:
- what happened to bring me so close to dying on that day
- how the cardiac ward was the right place at the right time
- what happened when my vital signs showed a flat line
- how did I experience a visual ‘life after death’ glimpse of heaven
- what I discovered as a result of my near death experience
- how God made it clear that it wasn’t a ‘figment of my imagination’
This personal experience has led me to believe:
- that the Bible indeed reveals the connection between this life and the next.
- that there is a literal experience of heaven and encounter with heavenly angels.
- that this spiritual reality intersects in our physical life for our benefit.
- that faith in Jesus Christ and belief in the Gospel message is the ‘real deal!’
If you sign up to get my NDE testimony, you’ll also subscribe to get a notice when I post updates on my blog (see the tab link on the top menu bar). I usually post reflections and remarks as a response to other people’s questions – mostly concerning my experience or their own curiosity about spiritual matters. Keep in mind that my blog is not set up to debate religious differences or people’s pet peeves. Life is too short for that. My comments with this blog is simply to explore the experiences of faith, the wonder and fascination of heaven, the realisation of the spiritual realm, and the encouragement we receive from Scripture. (check out John 20:30,31 & Philippians 4:8,9)
The FAQ’s (on the top tab menu bar) is a summary of the more frequent questions I have received, and put them together for a quick overview of the biblical position and revelation concerning heaven and hell, life and death, and the physical and spiritual reality of life.
Rev. Dirk Willner.
[contact email: email@example.com / follow me on FaceBook: Life Beyond Now]