MY NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE
AND VISION OF HEAVEN
(Video recorded at Toowoomba , 2005 – Combined Churches event)
When people hear about near-death-experiences (NDE), it is often shared with some kind of reference to a changed life. The profound insight into ‘life beyond the here and now’ leaves a lasting impression. Our normal every day perception is limited to this reality, but for a few it gets a boost to look beyond, beyond this life, beyond to something more.
My personal experience should actually be described as a “near heaven experience,” even though a “near death experience” was the initial traumatic event that could have very well left me on the other side of eternity. But by God’s grace I am allowed to hang out here for a while longer.
Amazingly my NDE took place on Good Friday morning. I say ‘amazingly’, because I’m a Pastor. On Good Friday around the world Christians gather in Churches to remember the event of Christ’s death and resurrection from the dead. Now I was facing my own death in the cardiac ward.
What followed was a life and faith lesson as well as a personal experience of the Gospel message; which by the way is absolutely preoccupied with telling us that there is more to come. Rather than talking about it, God saw fit to show me … and indeed, there is more to come!
If you are interested in a PDF of my NDE story, just enter your name and email in the subscriber box and a copy will be automatically forwarded to your inbox.
From my testimony you will find out what happened to me:
- to bring me so close to death on that Good Friday
- how the cardiac ward was the right place to be at the right time with the right people to bring me back
- what happened when my vital signs flat lined
- how I experience a visual ‘life after death’ glimpse into heaven
- what I discovered as a result of my near death experience during my recovery time
- how God made it clear that it wasn’t a ‘figment of my imagination’
This personal experience has led me to believe:
- that the Bible truly reveals the connection between this life and the next.
- that there is a literal experience of heaven and encounter with heavenly angels.
- that the spiritual reality around us intersects in our physical life for our benefit.
- that faith in Jesus Christ and belief in the Gospel message is the ‘real deal’ for eternal life.
If you signed up to get my NDE testimony, you’ll also have subscribed to get the occasional notice of when I update a post to my blog (see subscribe form). I usually post reflections as a response to other people’s questions (contact me – see menu). Please keep in mind that my blog is not a site to debate religious differences or pet theological peeves. Life is too short for that.
My posts are a casual comment to explore the experience of faith, the expectation of heaven, and the encouragement we receive from Scripture (check out John 20:30,31 & Philippians 4:8,9).
The FAQ’s (see menu button) is a summary of the frequently asked questions I have received and it’s my attempt to give an answer and perhaps point inquirers to search the scriptures for themselves by giving a few bible reference to clarify the Christian position and mainline Church beliefs on these topics.
Rev. Dirk Willner.
[contact email: email@example.com / also ‘like’ & follow me on FaceBook: Near Heaven / Life Beyond ]