More questions have come my way regarding the fallen angelic influence in our world. There is a good book on this topic by Billy Graham (published by Hodder and Stoughton). In his chapter on the angelic rebellion he makes this very revealing points drawn from scripture (quoting from his book):
- “Many people ask, ‘How could this conflict come about in God’s perfect universe?’ While we have not been given as much information as we might like, we do know one thing for certain: The angels who fell, fell because they had sinned against God.” page 63 … supporting reference: 2.Peter 2:4
- “When did it happen? Sometime between the dawn of creation and the intrusion of Satan into the Garden of Eden. He was probably the ruling prince of the universe under God, against whom he rebelled. The result was insurrection and war in heaven! He began a war that has been raging in heaven from the moment he sinned and was brought to earth shortly after the dawn of human history.” page 64,65 … supporting reference Isaiah 14:12-14 ; Ezekiel 28:12-17 ; Revelation 12:4
- “The Apostle Paul understood and spoke of the war of rebellion in the heavens when he referred to the former Lucifer, now Satan, as ‘the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worth in the children of disobedience’ (Ephesians 2:2). He also says that in fighting the organised kingdom of satanic darkness, we struggle against ‘the wickedness in heavenly places’ (Ephesians 6:12 NSAB)
Here is the insight into his name: Satan means ‘the accuser’ (Rev.12:10). So, with him nagging in your ear every day accusing you of this and that, have you ever wondered why Jesus had to come in person (God incarnate – John 1:1-5, and 1.John 1:1,2)? Have a look at this passage from 1.John 3:8
But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil.
‘Come to destroy the works of the devil.’ Think about that in relation to your life, the lives of others around this world, and its future.
- “Had Adam and Eve resisted the devil, he would have fled, forever defeated. But they fell, and thus death passed upon all men (Genesis 3:13). This is where death began!” page 73 … supporting reference Romans 3:19 , John 3:7
- “The stench of death is everywhere today! As C.S. Lewis points out, ‘War does not increase death – death is total in every generation.’ But we can find eternal life when we believe in Jesus Christ.” page 74
We are now only a few short weeks away from the time when around the world Christians will once again celebrate the resurrection event. Christ had to begin somewhere – and he chose to begin at our lowest point: death. From there he began to make a new creation possible – to give life to those who connect with Him. That life, in my near death experience (see my testimony), isn’t just waiting for us on the other side of eternity, but is accessible here, now, today. Want to know more?